Thursday, August 21, 2008

U Gotta Love It!






Another fun event that has kept Jeff and I busy the past few weeks is the Iowa State Fair! My family has camped at the fair for many, many years as Dad's hometown drives the shuttle buses back and forth to the campgrounds. So almost the entire town of Clearfield is there - which is great to see everyone! So to save on gas money and time I decided to camp a few extra nights during the week and then on the weekends. It really made me miss my 15 min. commute to work!!! Jeff and I also took Mon. off from work to go with Jeff's family. We do this every year but Jeff hasn't been able to go for the past few so it was nice that he could join us. It was a really fun day! We got to see Bob the Builder, do some "kid" activities and spend time with our nieces and nephews. Then the last weekend of the fair Annie came to camp with us and Kary and Adam joined us for a while during the day. Overall it was a great time and had lots of fun hanging out with my family too! And we definitely had more than our share of fair food after being there so many days. But mom and Annie and I detoxed at the grandstands on Sun. so got rid of all those calories along with our toxins - ha, ha!!

2 comments:

littlefamily said...

We didn't make it to the fair this year, bummer for the weather was the nicest it has been for years! I admire you for driving to work each day while camping at the fair!!

Anna Leigh said...

love the piggyback picture!