Brrr - it has been a cold winter! We've been staying busy in the Uitermarkt house but have really enjoyed being home on the weekends and getting to snuggle up inside and play with our new toys from Christmas.
One weekend in Jan. it warmed up enough to be outside sledding. So Jeff, Decker and I bundled up and took Decker sledding for the first time. As with most outdoor activities, he loved it! Even braved going down the sled on the little hill by himself several times. The neighbors also took their 4-wheelers with blades and plowed off parts of the lake. They made both a hockey rink and ice skating rink. We had fun watching the hockey players and ice skaters!



The third weekend in Jan. Jeff took off for a long weekend with some friends to go ice fishing in MN. They didn't have much luck as that happened to be one of the coldest weeks. One day it was a high of -30. Does NOT sound like fun to me! They even stayed in cabins right on the ice. I know he had fun, but spent the rest of the next week home sick. And he didn't get any pictures for me to put on here. While Jeff was away, Decker and I went home to Mt. Ayr to see my family. Pampa, Uncle Matt and I (Granny watched) took Decker sledding on the infamous hospital hill. He had lots of fun. One time Pampa didn't see a ramp some kids had built so Decker and Pampa went airborne. After that he would only ride with mommy or Uncle Matt!
My sister got our parents a cotton candy machine for Christmas. Since we were all together we tried it out. It was fun and really easy to do!
Making candy
Decker got a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD for Christmas and absolutely LOVES the show! Every morning while Jeff and I are getting ready for work he lays in our bed and watches an episode (he thinks he's big stuff!) He also loves his car he got for Christmas and likes to spend as much time in it. One afternoon daddy put on the cartoon and this is how I found him watching tv.
My nieces, Emily and Kayli, participated in a cheerleading group through their school. They performed at halftime of the Des Moines Christian basketball game so I went to watch. They did a great job!!! So funny to watch them together. They kept saying "Cheerleading Rocks!!"
Decker for some reason wants to wear my headbands. I suppose he's just mimicking me. He thinks it's quite funny. Daddy not so much.
We have some friends that have a daughter 3 months younger than Decker. They play so well together and have lots of fun. Here is Decker and Maddie:
playing the piano

being ornery
and kissing!! (I love that they both have their sippy cups)

For the superbowl, we had our neighborhood friends over. Lots of good food and even got to fry some of the fish the guys caught on their trip to MN.
Decker stayed up to watch the entire game - so I had to get a picture with the winning team in the background. Someone's hair is getting a little shaggy too.
















1 comment:
Great pictures, Tricia! Decker watching tv in his car is priceless! And so fun that he went sledding on Hospital Hill...I remember doing that!
Post a Comment