Jeff and I have both been on trips lately. As I mentioned earlier, Jeff went ice fishing in MN. My trip was for work, but I did get to go to Seattle which is a city I’ve always wanted to visit. I’d really like to go back and visit again! Our Web agency is located in Seattle so 5 of us from Pella spent the week out there. We were treated to many good restaurants in the evening and were able to enjoy some great seafood as well. One afternoon we were done with meetings early so were able to explore. We walked around the fish market and took the train to the Space Needle. Although I didn’t realize the two people I was with were afraid of heights, so we didn’t actually go up in the Space Needle. But they have a cool area around with lots of different museums and gardens. And it was actually sunny all afternoon so was great to be outside and walking. On Thurs. night our agency took us out to play Whirly Ball. Apparently they have the national Whirly Ball champions located in Seattle. It’s this crazy game of bumper cars with a whiffle ball and catchers trying to score on a basketball like board. I got a few pictures but I don’t think it does it justice. Here’s a link to the web site to check it out if you’re interested (http://whirlyballseattle.com) I think Des Moines should invest in one of these. It was a blast to play!
It sounds like Jeff had a great time on his ice fishing trip again this year. Last year it was so cold he didn’t catch any fish. This year it was still quite cold (one night got down to -40 wind chill), but he at least caught some fish. I personally think they are crazy to go someplace so cold to go fishing. If I was going to head 10 hours to fish I would head south :) But they’re calling it an annual trip and are looking forward to going again next year. Here’s a few pictures from our trips.
The Public Market with the famous Pike Place fish market behind me


Space Needle

The beautiful flowers Jeff and Decker had delivered to my hotel room since we were apart for Valentine's Day :)

The brick triangle building to my right is where our agency's offices are located.

The group at Whirly Ball


The MN fishermen


The cabins they stay in right on the ice


When I got back from Seattle we had my family up to visit. Here's Decker and Claire monkeying around.


No comments:
Post a Comment