As usual, we had a busy and fun Tulip Time weekend. This year we had my grandma Nina’s cousin from CA (Margie) come visit which was fun to meet her and hear stories of her and Nina growing up and some of the time they had spent in Pella as kids. I thought maybe the pregnancy card would get me out of walking in parades this year, but Decker and I went ahead and walked in the Thurs. parade for my relatives. Decker liked being in the parade and was quite the little ham in front of the crowds – waving and smiling and shouting hi. It was quite warm this year so I stopped a couple of blocks early and he wasn’t pleased that we didn’t finish the race parade. While I worked Decker got to spend time being a tourist with Mom and Nina and Margie. I even did a few touristy things that I’ve never done at Tulip Time before. We also enjoyed the night parade with Jeff’s family on Fri. On Sat. we had the annual airport fly-in breakfast. The turnout was good and fun for Jeff to show family what planes he’s flying these days. Definitely a step up from a few years ago – proud of him!
Me and my little man
Walking in the parade with friends Annie, Summer and Conner
Checking out planes at the fly-in breakfast
One of the jets Jeff is flying these days
A few bossy Van Gorp ladies...or so I've been told we have that gene :)
No comments:
Post a Comment