Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby on Board

So for those of you that haven't heard, we have some exciting news in the Uitermarkt household . . . we're expecting!!! The big due date is May 22 so right now I'm about 11 weeks along. We had our first Dr. appt. and everything seems to be moving right on track. At the first appt. we had an ultrasound too which was pretty neat to see. I have some pictures I could post but am at work and our internet at home is on the outs so maybe one day I'll get them posted. We are both so thrilled and really looking forward to this new and crazy chapter in our lives :) And since everyone seems to be asking the same question . . . no we are not going to find out whether it's a boy or girl (we think you only get so many good surprises in life so are going to wait!)

9 comments:

littlefamily said...

OMG!! CONGRATS!!! I waited until I delivered too to find out what I was having! It was a great surprise!! I am sure "grandma Julie" is VERY excited!!

Kayren said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live under a rock, so I hadn't heard this wonderful news yet! You and Jeff will be awesome parents! And yippie for waiting to find out the sex, it truly is a surprise worth waiting for!! I hope you are feeling good! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :

The Uitermarkts said...

Well, my mom has been in England with my grandma visiting my cousin Gretchen. And we told her right before she left so she didn't get a chance to spread the news yet!! I haven't been feeling too good so hoping that changes in the 2nd trimester!!

Anna Leigh said...

YAY!!!! I am so, so happy for you guys!! That is great news! You guys will be awesome parents and I also love that you're waiting to be surprised to see if it's a boy or girl. Sorry you haven't been feeling the greatest, I'm sure that will change! Congrats!!!!

Angie Shay said...

Congratulations, Tricia! Waiting until your new little one is born to find out the sex is such an amazing surprise! I hope the sickness that you have been feeling passes soon (In my experience the 2nd trimester tends to be a bit easier!). I am so excited for you and wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy! Take care!

Freebird.Crew said...

Awesome!! You're going to be such a great mom & you will love it! Hopefully in another week or two you'll be over your sickness. I'm with all the other girls...it's such a great surprise to wait and see what you have!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! J & I are so excited for the two of you!!! You'll be awesome parents! So cool that you aren't finding out the sex. I agree, what a great surprise it'll be. Hmmmmmmm, now to start planning the nursery! This baby will be totally loved by all of us!!! Oh, this is funny, but guess what my word verification is to send this? "BLEST"!!!! And that's what you guys are!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rockhead said...

Dutch, Trisha congrad. It's about time you made Joe a grandad. Keep me up to date.