Friday, October 2, 2009

Leavin' on a Prop Plane . . .

Last weekend Jeff and I went to Chicago to celebrate his birthday and our anniversary, visit my sister and friends, and see one of our favorite bands play. One of Jeff’s clients let us borrow his plane so had a quick 1.5 hour flight – much better than the 5.5 hour drive. This was especially nice since it was my first time being away from Decker overnight. It was hard to leave the little guy but I knew he was in good hands with my parents and we all survived! Although Decker was getting another tooth so wasn’t as happy as usual! But I know my parents still had a great time spoiling him : )

My friend Jessie and her boyfriend came to pick us up from the airport. Here’s the plane we flew.


Meeting Jason Boland after his concert (Jeff’s highlight of the trip)


Enjoying the city from Katie’s roof after the concert.


Hanging out in Millennium Park with Katie and Becky


A few of the creatures we saw at the Shedd Aquarium



Had a wonderful dinner at Katie’s restaurant


Enjoying the view from Becky’s rooftop



Great day to see the animals at the Lincoln Park Zoo (For some reason we decided to visit all the family-friendly spots in Chicago when we didn’t have Decker with us?? Will have to go back again!)


Flying home


So happy to see my little boy!!


These are some of the pictures that Mom and Dad took of Decker in Mt. Ayr.

Entertaining the ladies at the nursing home


Now that I’ve got teeth, sure I can eat chicken granddaddy ; )


Cuddling with Nina


Enjoying the new toy Granny got for her house


Mom and Dad surprised us with this beautiful fall display in our yard!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

you can fly a plane?!?! awesome! btw, cute little Decker ^^

Kayren said...

How cool you just hopped on a private plane and headed to Chicago!!! :) Looks like a fabulous weekend! And I loved the photos your mom took, I'm sure all the residents at Clearview went wild over having Decker around! How cute. :)

littlefamily said...

all the pictures are wonderful. looks like a wonderful time in Chicago! Decker was in heaven in MA too.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a birthday for Jeff!!! You guys travel is style! So so great seeing you all yesterday. Decker is totally adorable!! Love the fall display that Joe and Julie did! How sweet to come home to that?!!!

Anna Leigh said...

Awesome pics! Sounds like an amazing weekend in Chitown! Becky's roof is awesome!! love all the MA pics of Decker, so cute with Nina!!!