Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tulip Time/Mother’s Day

Once again the tulips are in bloom and everyone came to Pella to visit for Tulip Time. Ever since I have dated Jeff, my mom and my Nina have let me know that I should march in the parade. So, for my mother’s day present to them both, I had Dutch costumes made for Decker and myself and we marched in the parade.

Since the tulips bloomed early this year, Decker and I took pictures in our costumes while they were in full bloom. Our friend Annie from Pella took them for us and she did a wonderful job! Here are my favorites.




This rocking chair was given to Jeff's great-grandma from her dad on her birthday. It's over 100 years old so neat to have Decker's picture taken in it.








On Thurs. my friend Annie from Mt. Ayr came to visit with her 4 wk old. little girl Emrey. Here they are hanging out in the big wooden shoes.


The parade actually turned out to be pretty fun as I marched with some friends on Fri. Decker is not a big fan of his stroller these days so I pushed him in his favorite car (not real authentic, but oh well). Since he decided he didn’t want to nap in the morning, by the time the parade started he was in real need of a nap. The first part of the parade went good as Decker liked all the people and attention. When we went by grandma and Kris and the kids he was waving and having fun. Then we went by the grandstands and people were clapping, which he thought was for him so in turn he clapped and was so excited and giggling, then they clapped back at him and so on and so on. By the time we turned the next block to where my family was sitting he was over it and started crying. By the next half block he was passed out on the wheel of his car asleep! He won’t remember his first Tulip Time parade but I enjoyed it!




Although it was freezing, my parents, Nina and Matt and Katie braved the weather to come watch us march.



On Sat. we went to the annual Flight Breakfast at the airport. My parents and several of our friends came this year for the first time which was fun. Here are some pictures of us and the kiddos playing in the planes in the hanger.






Hanging out Sat. evening for one last round of yummy Tulip Time food!



For Mother’s Day on Sun. we went to church, visited Jeff’s grandma and went out to eat with Jeff’s parents and grandpa. Decker and Jeff got me flowers and Decker even wrote me a poem! It started off a good day until Decker got sick. Luckily this time it wasn’t on me! So I didn’t get a single picture on Mother’s Day. But hope all you moms out there got to enjoy your children and had a happy Mother’s Day!

4 comments:

farmgirlamber said...

Great pics! I'm exhausted just thinking about how many things you've been up to lately :) You are definitly BUSY BEES :) ha ha

Angie Shay said...

Tricia, the Tulip Time photos are so good! Decker looks very handsome and I love the photo of Emery and him in the Dutch shoes! So nice that so many friends and family could visit you during that time!

Freebird.Crew said...

Love all your pics! You two look great in your outfits & his wooden shoes are hilarious!! Can't believe how quickly he's growing up, he is absolutely adorable & looks like you guys are staying very busy & having a great time with him.

littlefamily said...

those are great pictures Tricia!