Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy Spring

Time just continues to fly by! We have had a busy last month. Jeff was gone for 2 weeks in school (learning how to fly a jet!) and I was gone for part of a week at a photo shoot for work. Plus we’ve been busy on the weekends. Between our schedules, we both feel like the last 4 weeks have been a blur! Luckily we have had much help from Granny and Grandma and some friends with Decker!! So thank you everyone : )

My mom’s birthday was April 12, so her and dad came up to stay since Jeff was gone and to celebrate. We went to Decker’s swimming lesson then out to eat. I had written in a previous post that Decker and I were taking parent and baby swimming lessons. We missed a couple lessons with traveling, but overall I think he enjoyed it. Most nights he went under water without crying and finally by the end got to where he liked to swim on his back and was loving to blow bubbles in the water.




Decker playing in the car after swimming lessons. He loves anything with buttons and noise and always seems to be trying to figure out how things work. So it was quite a treat to have all those buttons and lights at his fingertips!

Out to eat for Granny's birthday - Happy Birthday!



The following weekend we went to Mt. Ayr for a baby shower for Lane. He is quite the cutie! Here is Decker taking a ride on Lane’s new trike.


We also were lucky to be home during prom weekend so went and watched Des at prom walk-in and got to see some other high school girls we knew. Des looked BEAUTIFUL!


All dressed up for church.


The first weekend of May we headed to Mt. Ayr as we were throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law Katie. It was a fun day! Matt and Katie’s little girl is going to be the best dressed little girl around! Lots of pink clothes and lots of shoes!
The mom-to-be and her sister and sister-in-laws.


After the shower we headed to Matt and Katie’s house for a Kentucky Derby party. Matt smoked ribs and loin all day and we also had fried mushrooms. Great food and fun!

Decker and John were the big winners of the horse race!!


Pampa teaching Decker to play in the bird bath


Being silly


Our brother and sister-in-law gave us their kiddie slide as their kids had outgrown it. Decker loves to go down the slide. But he loves to climb up it even more.




And here are some misc. pictures from the last month.








I had a scary hail storm experience the middle of April and just had to write about it here so when I look back on my blog I have a good timeline to help me remember : ) Decker and I were driving home from work/daycare and all of the sudden were caught in a hail storm. If only I hadn’t been running late I would have missed it . . . story of our lives! It started hailing so I pulled over. Of course Decker started crying from all the noise, so I climbed in the back to try and calm him down. Then the hail broke through the window I was sitting by. Thankfully I was there so it broke on me instead of Decker. I laid on top of Decker and was pelted with up to ping pong ball sized hail until I could get him out of his car seat and in the front away from the broken window. Needless to say my back was covered in bruises and thankfully Decker was fine. It also beat up the van pretty good and had to replace all the panels but the one by Decker’s car seat. A scary experience but luckily Decker was little enough that storms don’t seem to bother him after this. Although I got a little nervous driving in thunderstorms afterwards : )

2 comments:

littlefamily said...

great pics, Tricia! You have been busy this past month! Still a scary story about the hail storm! Glad you and Decker were OK!

farmgirlamber said...

Fun pics, Trisha! Wow...I bet that hail storm was scary (for both you AND decker!) Although I'm sure the bruises didn't feel good, you both are pretty luck that nobody got hurt any worse! Glad everything is okay! Hope you're doing well over in Tulip-land :) Miss you at Meredith :) Amber