A new favorite we did this year was tie-dye matching t-shirts for the kids to wear.

We also went into Unionville to watch their fireworks and watched the fireworks that the lake puts on. Decker liked pointing to the fireworks.

The next weekend was my birthday. We spent Fri. boating with the neighbors on our lake. The flooding was so high on our lake that we took the boat back through neighbor’s fields and were boating over roads. It was a little weird boating through the tops of trees.



The rest of the weekend we went to Mt. Ayr and enjoyed some time on Loch Ayr Lake with my family. I decided I hadn’t water skied in 3 years so thought I’d try. It took me a couple of tries but I did get up. Although it just made me feel older the next day when I couldn’t lift my arms above my head!
For my birthday my parent’s had my rocking chair fixed.

Four generations
Sweet little Claire bear

Our nephew Caden's birthday was in June and we did the Build-A-Bear trip for him. Decker and I had fun spending time with Caden. Here is the finished product - his monkey named Woody.


Mt. Ayr’s annual celebration – Ayr Days – was the last week in July and we headed down for the weekend. The big attraction is the annual BBQ contest. My brother, dad, uncle and family friends have entered every year as Team Sauced. It was fun to watch them grill and taste the samples. Decker had a good time trying ribs and corn on the cob for the first time!

He was pretty excited about getting to "drive" the tractor

Team Sauced cooking
Well, we finally cut our little man’s hair on July 19! I kept saying I’d cut it after his 1 year pictures but kept putting it off. Finally decided he’d be a much cooler little boy in the summer heat if we cut a bit off. Couldn’t cut the curls completely, but it did make him look so much older! I think he has officially lost the baby look and is such a little boy now. He was not too happy about having Derrica cut his hair. Until we gave him a lollipop! He’s never had one before and thought it was the best :) I think we could have clipped his ear and he wouldn’t have even noticed he was so fixated on that lollipop!!!
Before shot – as you can see it was getting pretty long!

Not so happy about the haircut
So much better with a lollipop! 
The end result – such a big boy!


We had Uitermarkt cousin pictures taken in July. It was a little crazy with 7 kids 10 and under and the hot weather didn't help! We got a couple cute shots (in between the crying) What a bunch of blondies!!


I love this one. Decker crying, Dylan running away, and Emily looking at Decker like he is crazy. Pretty much sums up the afternoon!
1 comment:
Wow...you're not kidding....lots of blondies on the Uitermarkt side! :) Love the family pictures of the cousins, they turned out great. Love the pics from Ayr Days and of your old rocking chair....so cute!
Post a Comment