Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Spencer

This past weekend we helped one of our neighbors and good friend – Spencer – celebrate his 40th birthday. Lots of fun! The guys kicked off the day in the early morning with breakfast and fishing at Red Rock lake marina. The plan was to go ice fishing, but since no ice, they had to improvise. On a side note, Jeff has been devastated that we have no ice after all the work he’s put into his ice shack. I on the other hand have been loving the weather this winter. And Decker has been enjoying it too and getting to ride his bike. Anyway, I digress. In the afternoon we all headed up to Lake Ponderosa where Spencer’s parents have a lake house. We played lots of games, enjoyed some beverages and had lots of great food too. As I’m sure you can imagine, lots of fun was had at Spencer’s expense - especially since he's the oldest in the group and two of us "babies" just turned 30 this past summer! Luckily I know some people who specialize in taking care of the elderly so we “borrowed” some fun toys to tease. I have to admit I am ashamed of my attire in several of the pictures. All of our neighborhood friends are Hawkeye fans except for one couple. So everyone had to wear Hawkeye attire to the party. I wore a black sweater with gold buttons – fitting, right? However, for a picture for Spencer we were “forced” to put on a Hawkeye shirt. All in good fun :)

Our great group of friends!!

If found, please return to Clearview Homes Room 40 :)

Spencer and his Cyclone friends

1 comment:

littlefamily said...

Great pics and what a fun party!