Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Egg Hunt, Crafts and Fishing

Last weekend my sister came for a visit and we had a busy but fun weekend. Sat. morning we headed into town for the Pella Easter egg hunt. Decker was a little nervous at first when the big crowd started running. After he realized how much candy he could get, he got into it. He had no interest in taking a picture with the Easter Bunny though, was fine to check him out from a distance. We met up with some friends afterwards and went out for breakfast. That afternoon Katie and I made jewelry holders that we had found on Pinterest. I think I said this in an earlier post but I LOVE Pinterest. Luckily Jeff was around to help us out as there were a few details we hadn’t properly thought through. But I think both of our projects turned out good! Sat. night we had a girls night in at my house to watch a movie and enjoy some of Katie’s cooking. Of course it was delicious! Sun. the temps got up to the high 80s so we spent most of the day outside. Had lots of fun playing in Decker’s new sandbox and drawing with sidewalk chalk. In the afternoon we ventured out with a few friends to go fishing. The guys fished, us girls lounged in our chairs and read books and the kids played in the sand. It was so nice the kids ended up swimming in their clothes a bit. It was a great weekend!!

Hunting for eggs




Decker and his huge Mickey Mouse pancake


Fishing turned swimming





Our finished jewelry holders

No comments: