Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Fairlicious!

As we do every year, we again camped at the Iowa State Fair.  Mom and Dad got a new camper this year and Decker could not wait to go camping and sleep in the bunk beds!  Jeff was at school the first week so my parents took Decker for a couple of days when the fair started and I joined them for the weekend.  The next weekend we went back with Jeff for more fun.  We ate lots of great food, spent fun time with family and friends in the campground and made it to the fair for a couple hours each day.  On the way home the last day Decker got such a sad look on his face and said "I miss the fair already, can we do that every weekend?" 

Decker and Claire with their annual matching fair t-shirts - It's Fairlicious!
One of Decker's favorite things at the fair - checking out the farm equipment
I love how we caught his lips making the motor noise!
Playing drums at the Fun Forest show
The kids with their maracas and hats Pampa bought for them after the show at Fun Forest was over. They didn't want to give up their maracas so of course Pampa to the rescue!
Decker loved the horses this year.  Here him and Pampa are watching them practice.
Decker and Claire cooling off
Kids with their presents from Pampa
Decker, Brady and Pampa at the camper
Slumber party in the camper
Midway rides - so fun!
And of course we have to ride the big yellow slide
Decker and Claire with their midway prizes
Pampa and Brady - both placed 2nd in duck calling contest 
The kids enjoyed destroying eating Aunt Katie's birthday cake
Kiddos fell alseep watching movies on the side of the camper
Cooler rides
Three cousins getting into trouble
Claire and Decker with lollipops courtesy of Granny
Katie (week 30 - I think) and me (week 35)
Riding the shuttle bus

Decker giving the baby kisses

2 comments:

littlefamily said...

great to see your belly, Tricia and your hair has gotten so long since last time I saw you. I like the t-shirt traditions and such that you and your parents do for the grandkids. Something to look forward to each year.

Freebird.Crew said...

I so wish we could take our kids to the fair every year, it is so fun!! Loved seeing all your pics, you look great. Won't be much longer!!