The month of July and beginning of August surprisingly went by pretty fast even with it being so hot outside! We kept busy and stayed inside a lot to keep cool (this pregnant mama did not like the heat!) During July we celebrated my birthday with dinner with friends at Katie’s restaurant and had a wonderful meal. We had a family reunion for Jeff’s mom’s side of the family. It was nice to see everyone from out of town and watch the cousins play together. We went to a pool party at a friend’s house which we definitely enjoyed. Jeff, his brother and a couple of their friends took the kids camping overnight. They started the day off riding 4-wheelers through the trails then camped along the river. Decker loved his first overnight camp out! The kids were all so tired that Decker was the first one up at 9 am! Wish he would do that at home :) But I thought it was really great that the dads were willing to take even the 3 year olds camping on their own! Wish I could say I did something fun that weekend while I had the house to myself. But we had a mouse terrorizing our closets so I spent the weekend cleaning… We also had a visit from Aunt Katie and spent the day up at Lake Ponderosa with friends. Unfortunately it rained all day so ruined our boating plans, but the rain was much needed so didn’t complain. I was also able to meet a couple of my Mt. Ayr girlfriends for a day at the lake. Kary and Annie brought out their girls and we all had fun playing at the lake all day. It was fun to spend time with friends and have our kids play together. Kary and her family are moving to the west coast so was great to spend some time together before they left. We also had fun playing with Claire in Mt. Ayr and seeing family. Lots of fun things this summer!
Homemade rocket popsicles
Decker and Claire playing their own game of cards called Kings.
And Decker won every time...
Popsicles for breakfast - only at Granny and Pampa's house
Helping Pampa pick veggies from his garden
Garden hose fights!
Bubbles with Nina and Great Aunt Becky
Decker holding Poppy (Kary's youngest) and Emrey (Annie's)
Relaxing on the tubes
Sweet little Poppy
Claire loved the baby!
Wren and Olive (Kary's) posing with the mermaid
(I don't know what is going on but this blog post would not upload the picture the right way - grrrr!)
Dinner at Wallace Farms



No comments:
Post a Comment