Below is how we finished up winter and welcomed spring. I’ve got more updates in the next few days so look for more to read on the Uitermarkt blog.
The month of March consisted of a lot of sickness being passed back and forth between the three of us. After a few days of having to be on medicine, Decker decided that Teddy and Green needed some medicine too. Yes, he named his favorite stuffed dog Green all on his own! I’ve heard of dogs being named Red or Blue, but Green is a first :)



My grandpa Rich’s brother – Uncle JB – passed away in March. Even though it was a sad event that brought us all together, it was nice to spend time with family. Decker especially enjoyed being able to ride on the tractor with Uncle John, Evan and Mallory and watch cousin Lincoln take care of the baby calves. My mom got out the home movies and that provided us hours of entertainment. It was fun to watch and remind us of what we were like as kids. According to my husband, I’m much more of a wimp than he realized :) That could have to do with Abby Stephens and I thinking the boat was going to crash into the rocks and explode and kill us all on one vacation in the Ozarks.
In April we were really happy to start enjoying the spring weather. Decker loves to be outside and likes to ride on anything with wheels. Easter was spent in Mt. Ayr this year and we had a good weekend. We went to the Easter egg hunt in Clearfield and then spent the rest of the day at Uncle John and Aunt Patty’s house with family and friends. Decker really enjoyed dyeing eggs with Evan and Mallory. We went to church on Sun. in Mt. Ayr with a nice service and the kiddos had fun looking through their Easter baskets.










We went to a wedding reception and Decker wouldn't stay off the dance floor. Showing off one of his many moves.

The first weekend in May brought us a BEAUTIFUL Tulip Time! I don’t remember the tulips looking so pretty. Decker and I attempted to scrub the streets this year with three of his friends and their moms. It was not a hit. We had to wait around for an hour in the 85 degree weather in long sleeve costumes during nap time. I think anyone can figure out that’s not a good combination for a 2 year old. We made it half a block when Decker decided to sit down in front of the grandstands and throw a temper tantrum. Needless, to say I was just a bit mortified :) 10 feet later Pampa rescued him and I finished up the streets on my own. Overall the weather was great which meant a great fly-in breakfast at the airport. They had a great turnout and we enjoyed getting to see all the planes. Then for Mother’s Day on Sunday we had a nice church service, lunch and planted flowers.




Decker and Madi kissing while the paparazzi look on






No comments:
Post a Comment