Monday, January 28, 2013

Changing the sun's light bulb and other funnies

Conversation on the way in this morning when it was really foggy:

Decker: Why can't I see anything?
Me: Because it's foggy out.
Decker: Why is it foggy out?
Me: It just is
Decker: But it's not light or dark. That wasn't a good answer Mom. Why is it foggy? 
Me: It's foggy out because the air was cold and then it warmed up.  Just something funny with the weather.
Decker: I think it's cuz God is working on the sun... and the moon too.
Me: That could be.  Is that why it's not really light or dark?
Decker: Yea!  I think it's because Jesus is changing the light bulbs in the sun!!


My son is obsessed with eating apples and peanut butter (preferrably with nutella too, a habit he picked up from Granny).  We were out of peanut butter the other night (gasp!) and Decker was very distraught over the fact that he didn't have anything to dip his apple in.  So he came up with the solution to use ketchup... because of course an apple cannot be eaten alone. That wouldn't make sense???  He asked me to try a bite and I said yuck!  His words exactly "Mom, you can't say yuck if you've never even tried it before."  Yep, I walked smack into that one!

No comments: