We (really me) have been growing Decker's hair out since last summer. I was going for the long, shaggy look and loved those locks of his. Others, not so much. I don't know how many times I heard my dad ask over Christmas when Decker was going to get a boy haircut... The other night we went to my nephew Colten's junior high basketball game. A boy on the team had hair past his shoulders. On the car ride home, Decker wanted to know why there was a girl on Colten's team. In trying to explain this was just a boy with long hair, Jeff offhand made the comment "You better get your own hair cut soon or people will think that about you." Much to my dismay Decker promptly said he wanted his hair cut like daddy's so he would be a handsome boy. After several days of hearing this nonstop I made the appt. and took him to get his hair chopped. It was a little sad to see all those blonde locks cut off. He's had his hair this short before, but he looks so much older and his hair is darker too with out the bleached out sun hair left from this summer. But Decker is SO excited about this hair cut. He's asked me countless times "Mommy, don't I look so handsome like daddy with my new hair cut?!?!" I love that kid!
Before
After
No comments:
Post a Comment