Friday, January 18, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Happy 2013! So if any of you regularly check my blog (which I doubt there are too many for my lack of updates) I am trying to get back on track. I've had good intentions since Grady was born to update my blog. Every week or two I wrote a new post about what we've been up to and save it and think "oh after I do (the dishes, laundry, change Grady, etc., etc.) I'll upload the pictures and post." But somehow I never seem to get the pictures uploaded and therefore never actually post anything. It's funny how much busier I am with two than I actually thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, I knew having two kids would be a challenge (a good challenge at that). But Decker had gotten to the point of being pretty self-sufficient that I had forgotten how much work a newborn is. So I'm going to "cheat" a little bit. I'm actually going to upload all of the pictures to the posts I spent the time writing. So I'll be slowly putting up old posts. This way if/when I want to go back and figure out what in the world we did this past fall because it went by in a blur, I'll be able to remember. Because now I'm back to work and am missing my boys like crazy!!! I'm super glad that I was able to keep Decker home with me during my maternity leave. Unless we decide to have a third (right now we are too new of a family of four to decide), who knows when I'll be able to have 12 weeks with my boys stress-free of work. Not stress-free by any means being a stay at home mommy - especially with the challenges that a 3 year old boy throws at you. (They really are setting you up when they say "Terrible Twos" because three is much more trying.) But I was able to really focus on the boys and spend extra time with both my family and Jeff's without having work in the back of my mind. Of course there were days when too much tv was watched by Decker or I was too tired and would fall asleep when Grady slept and all Decker wanted to do was play with me or days when Grady was fussy and Decker got too many timeouts. But I feel like I got to know Decker a little bit better and enjoyed my snuggles with Grady. So my goal for 2013 is to focus less on work and other commitments and more on just my boys (Jeff included). I know that in itself will be a challenge due to the demands of my job - especially in this economy when everyone is doing more but with less resources. But work this year is trying to have the motto of simplification and not overloading their employees. So I'll try and do the same at home. Because before you know it they'll be full grown boys who can't sit in their momma's lap anymore reading a book and giving super big bear hugs or eskimo kisses. So welcome 2013 and here's hoping for a fun-filled year with my boys!

No comments: