Sunday, August 23, 2015

The State Fair

As a yearly family tradition with my family, we camped at the Iowa State Fair the past two weekends.  And as usual – lots of fun was had and memories made.  I had been traveling for work leading up to the fair so was able to have the first Friday off and headed up with the boys.  Jeff met us later after he got off work.  It was a really hot day and with being pregnant I was over the fair on the first day in about 10 min.  The weather improved and so did my mood as the fair went on – ha!  On Sunday Jeff had to leave us for 10 days for school for training in the new Vermeer jet.  To help break up daddy being gone so long and to give me a break, my parents took the kids Thursday and Friday and camped at the fair with just them.  I think the boys had the most fun those two days with no rules!  I joined them again the last weekend.  The boys each had their favorites this year.  Grady loved the animals, as expected from my little animal lover.  I think he could have spent the entire fair in the barns.  His favorite was the Avenue of Breeds and running from pen to pen seeing all the different animals.  He also had lots of fun riding Midway rides with Nash and playing in the campgrounds.  Decker’s favorite things were Midway of course and he really loved Ye Old Mill this year.  I think he rode it 5 times that first weekend.  He also loved the magic and comedy shows at the Fun Forest and running wild in the campgrounds with all the cousins and new friends he made.  I love that he is old enough now to remember his friends that he only sees once a year at the fair – I had the same type of friends when I was growing up!  



















No comments: