Thursday, June 4, 2015

2 Years in the Blink of an Eye

Wow, so it’s been almost exactly two years since I have blogged.  The other day I couldn’t remember something from a few years ago, so looked on the blog to find the answer.  As I was scrolling through the pictures and going down memory lane, I started kicking myself for not keeping this up.  I don’t scrapbook, and I’m not very good at keeping track of the boys milestones so I feel that the last two years have gone by in a blur and I can’t remember...  As Jeff pointed out, that is 2/3 of Grady’s life thus far.  As a middle child myself, Grady I have to say “I’m sorry, sorry, sorry!”  So not to be too hard on myself because life does get busy, I’m going to try and get back on here on a somewhat regular basis.  Even if no one reads this but me, at least I’ll have a way to look back when this crazy life goes by too fast in the blink of an eye.  So let’s see how this goes…

The biggest news in our lives right now is that we are expecting again.  We are due 12/16 - yay!  My sister Katie (and husband Logan) is also expecting and due 11/8 and so is my sister-in-law Katie (and brother Matt) and she is due 12/6.  So my parents will have 3 new grandbabies within 5 weeks.  Crazy!  And so very fun! 

Decker just had his 6th birthday and finished his Pre-K school year at One to Grow On at Pella Christian and will be starting kindergarten in the fall.  He loved school this past year and was quite sad that it was over!  Decker is definitely our rule follower and does a great job in the classroom listening to the teachers and paying attention.  He is a very sweet and caring kid and wears his heart on his sleeve.  He also loves to tell jokes and be silly and do anything outdoors with his dad.  Decker is a great big brother.  Don’t get me wrong, there is definitely the sibling fighting and picking on the younger brother, but overall he is such a big helper with Grady and can be so loving to him.   Decker thinks we need to have a girl added to the family so that I’m not lonely while him and Grady and daddy are out hunting and fishing… (his words)!

Grady is 2.5 and is our silly, ornery boy.  He definitely has a stubborn streak to him and is trying to exert his independence at this age.  He’s full throttle with most things and I think the kid runs to everything, no walking to slow him down.  But when he’s tired he gives in to cuddles and snuggles.  Grady also has a funny sense of humor and sometimes says the funniest one liners that I can’t believe come out of a 2.5 year old.  He is also quite the reader and LOVES to read books.  Grady is also full boy and thinks it’s hysterical to fart and burp, part of which comes with egging on from his older brother.  

We are so blessed to have two sweet little boys that fill our lives with so much joy!!  And can’t wait to see what the new baby brings to our family.  Right now we are debating finding out whether it is a boy or girl.  I don’t want to find out and Jeff does…  So we’ll see who wins out – ha!  Jeff and I continue to have the same employment we did two years ago.  I’m still working at Pella windows and have switched departments and now do marketing for our National Accounts channel (i.e. Lowe’s).  So if you go into a Lowe’s store and see literature or displays from Pella, I’ve probably worked on them.  Jeff is still flying corporate and mostly flies for Vermeer.  He also flies for DeVries Electric and some smaller companies so definitely stays busy!


We have had a wonderful 2015 so far and are looking forward to a fun summer!!

No comments: