Labor Day weekend we actually stayed in Pella the entire weekend (at night anyway) and enjoyed spending some time at home. Although we did end up being pretty busy! Sat. Decker and I headed to the farmer’s market in Des Moines to meet my sister. This was the first time we’ve been able to make it there this summer, lots of good food. Sat. night we had a wedding for one of Jeff’s co-workers. It was nice to meet some of his co-workers I only hear about. Decker LOVED the dancing! We couldn’t get him off the dance floor. In fact, half of the time he was the only one out there :) On Sun. afternoon we headed up to our niece Emily’s birthday party in Altoona. We went a little early and I took Emily to get her nails done for her birthday. It was fun to have some 1:1 time with her. On Mon. we went to the parks by Red Rock dam with Grandma and Grandpa, Doug, Patti, Emily, Colten, Dylan and family friends Gary and Sandi. Everyone brought bikes (except we don’t have any) and rode through the trails and played at the parks (Unfortunately, I didn’t take many pictures). I haven’t ridden a bike in years and haven’t been there to see all the trails. It was lots of fun. Decker really enjoyed riding on my sister-in-law’s bike in the carrier. So I took a turn riding. Occasionally when I was going slow up a hill he’d push on my legs and say “I help you mommy, you going slow.” Thanks for the reminder bud! Afterwards we had a great supper of fresh salmon that Doug and Patti recently caught on a trip to Alaska. It was delicious! Great way to spend the weekend with family!!
Katie and Decker enjoyed dancing to some music at the farmer's market.



Decker all alone on the dance floor.

Emily getting her nails done.


My little boy being goofy. He wanted to pose for the camera.


A few of the bike riders

All tuckered out for the night
No comments:
Post a Comment