Decker has quite the imagination and has been telling some stories and funny one-liners lately. I was thinking that I need to keep better track and keep up with this blog better (before I forget them all!) So here are some good ones as of late:
As we were driving home one night, the clouds were a bit dark. Decker said "Mommy, the clouds are dirty. You need to wash them!
Decker has three friends lately who have had baby sisters born. One day driving home he told me "Mommy, I need one of those baby sisters!" The next night we were driving past Wal-Mart and he said "Mommy, go get a baby sister in malmart, they'd have one" (that's how he says Wal-Mart). I explained that we can't get a baby from a store, that God has to put one in mommy's tummy. So that night when saying our prayers at the end he said "Jesus, I need a baby sister." Everything is something that he NEEDS (said with much emphasis!) And now almost nightly he's praying for a baby sister. I videotaped him the other night. I figured if we do end up with a little girl someday and they're fighting, I can show him that he was the one that asked for a sister!!
Decker hasn't been listening very well lately which has resulted in some time outs. A couple weeks ago I caught him telling his puppy this "Green, you've been naughty, you need to go in time out." and pointed his finger at his puppy while saying this and shakes his head. He then put the stuffed dog in the time out chair. Then he went and got his motorcycle that has a rider on it. And he said "Motorcycle rider, you've been naughty too. You go in time out too!". So the motorcycle rider got sent to the time out chair. He then asked Green and rider if they were sorry and gave them hugs and let them out of the time out chair. Then earlier this week we were driving home after dark. And I could hear him in the background telling the Moon that it had been naughty and needed to go in time out. Sensing a bit of a theme and seeing myself in his little eyes...
I love listening to my little boy!!
2 comments:
Very cute stories, Tricia! I need to write some down also, my "mommy brain" is mush these day!
He's adorable, Tricia! Love seeing all your pics!
Post a Comment